LAST UPDATED: 1 JUNE 2019
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected.
- how we collect personal information;
- the kind of personal information we collect;
- how we use, and may share your personal information;
- how you can access/amend your personal information;
- how long we hold personal information;
- who you can contact for further information; and
- additional terms that apply to some residents of the European Economic
- “we” means Beca & Co;
- “you” means you, the person purchasing or using our products or services, providing us with personal information or visiting our website;
- “products and services” means all products and services we provide and anything else we do for you; and
- “website” means our website accessible at becaco.co.nz, or associated websites or pages.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- directly from you or from third parties acting on your authority or who you authorise us to make contact with about you:
- when you contact us seeking information about us, our products or services or anything on our website;
- in the course of conducting customer due diligence;
- in the course of providing our products and services to you; or
- when you apply to work at Beca & Co;
- publicly available information searched as part of carrying out customer due diligence or as part of the provision of our products or services to you;
- the agents and service providers that we may engage to assist us with fulfilling any of the purposes recorded in this policy; and
- third parties connected with the substance of the matter(s)/purpose(s) for which you have engaged us.
The kind of personal information we collect
We collect only the personal information (including for example your name, date of birth, address, email address and contact telephone numbers) you give us, and as acquired through the other sources or means mentioned above. We may also keep a record of any information that you acquire from us.
If you are providing us with personal information about someone else, it may be necessary to make sure that person is aware that our acting for you may involve collecting, using and disclosing their personal information. Please ensure you comply with your privacy obligations relating to the personal information of others that you provide to us. We can discuss this with you if the matter arises.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity, perform customer due diligence and for other administrative purposes;
- to reply to your queries;
- to carry out your instructions, deliver our products and services to you and otherwise fulfil our professional duties;
- to improve, develop, market and provide information about us and our products and services (subject to any confidentiality requirements), including:
- working with you to develop ways in which we can improve our products and services and the way we deliver them, for you specifically and generally; and
- addressing any particular matters you raise with us in connection with our products and services;
- for recruitment purposes, including assessing a candidates suitability for a position with us;
- to enforce our agreements with you (including to supply, and invoice for, products and services ordered by you, and to collect payment);
- to protect our rights, property or safety or those of third parties, including our employees, contractors, other clients, and users of our website or our products or services;
- any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time personal information is collected; and
- to comply with any legal requirement, including any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of a regulator, and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
In providing our products and services to you, or in carrying out any of the other functions mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to our contractors or agents, and other organisations, including:
- other parties involved in the matter(s)/purpose(s)for which you have engaged us;
- identification verification and screening agencies including credit reporting agencies (who may retain the personal information we share with them on their databases for use in the provision of their credit reporting services);
- third party service providers such as:
- IT systems or services providers;
- data management, processing and storage service providers;
- banks and other financial service providers;
- third parties engaged in the course of providing our services (such as barristers, mediators, arbitrators, witnesses and subject-matter experts); and
- service providers that assist us with client insight analytics;
- a court or tribunal;
- regulatory and enforcement agencies; and
- government agencies.
We do not sell information that identifies you personally.
How you can access/amend your personal information
You may request access to any of your personal information we hold by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to any lawful grounds for withholding, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by emailing us at email@example.com. If we agree that your personal information is to be corrected, we will do so. If we do not correct your personal information, your correction request will be kept with the personal information held.
How long we hold personal information
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
If your personal information is no longer required by us, we will either destroy the information or de-identify it so it cannot be attributed to you personally.
Who you can contact for further information
|Privacy Contact Person||Tanya Johnson
|Address||Beca & Co
79 Queen Street
|Postal Address||Beca & Co
PO Box 91 441
Victoria Street West